- Paul Mascot
Paul Jay Mascot
Parents were Paul & Virginia Mascot. Father was career Air Force Officer. Lived
in CA, MA, AL, VA, HI, TX and Libya. Graduated High School in Waco, TX, 1965. Graduated
from Virginia Military, Institute, 1969. Served 2 years active duty, IS Army Military
Intelligence Branch and 18 years Army Reserve with rank of Lt. Colonel.
Graduated University of Texas Law School, 1975. Attorney for State of Texas 1976-2008.
Private practice 2008-Present. Served on Boards of several animal rescue groups
and Humane Society of Austin & Travis Co, TX.
Married to Rebecca Mascot for 30 years. Hobbies include fishing, hiking and travel.
Areas of Practice
- 75% Family Law
- 15% Wills and Probate
- 10% Employment Law
- Texas, 1975
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1980
- 25% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
Virginia Military Institute, Lexington, Virginia
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: History
Past Employment Positions
- Texas Department of State Health Services, Assistant General Counsel, 2006 - 2008
Texas Department of Mental Health and Mental Retardation, Deputy Director of Legal
Services, 1976 - 2006
Pro Bono Activities
- Provide legal services to Central Texas Dachshund Rescue, 2000 - 2008
- Provide legal services to Humane Society of Austin & Travis County, 1995 - 1999